Forum of International Sailors Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member(s) Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Member(s) Introduction Empty Re: Member(s) Introduction

Post by IMOS/FAWKES Fri 25 Nov - 22:24

under8ed wrote:Ahoy mates, I suppose I am the team's newest member, under8ed, hailing from Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A.
I hope to live up to the name of my boat. That has been my online name, (gmail & other forums) for some time.

Stumbled into VOR information and VR sailing while researching a new Volvo facility near my home, I joined the VOR 14/15 and have been with the game since. While I had no real desire in changing employment, the proximity to my residence made it irresistable to look. My new found entertainment made it all worthwhile.

Have not held a real sheet or halyard in 20 years but I am close to retirement, (a long facility electrical maintenance career with the world's largest auto parts supplier,{German}), and am on track for several years of cruising. The son of a sailor, (and U.S. Navy engineer). I sailed with my Father for several years on a boat he had in retirement.  I've lived on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and in some great sailing areas, Newport, Chesapeake Bay, & Naples & now permanently in Charleston.. I look forward to seeing much of the world again in retirement.                   Tom

Welcome cheers cheers cheers
IMOS/FAWKES
IMOS/FAWKES
Admin

https://sailors-team.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Member(s) Introduction Empty Member(s) Introduction

Post by under8ed Fri 25 Nov - 19:53

Ahoy mates, I suppose I am the team's newest member, under8ed, hailing from Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A.
I hope to live up to the name of my boat. That has been my online name, (gmail & other forums) for some time.

Stumbled into VOR information and VR sailing while researching a new Volvo facility near my home, I joined the VOR 14/15 and have been with the game since. While I had no real desire in changing employment, the proximity to my residence made it irresistable to look. My new found entertainment made it all worthwhile.

Have not held a real sheet or halyard in 20 years but I am close to retirement, (a long facility electrical maintenance career with the world's largest auto parts supplier,{German}), and am on track for several years of cruising. The son of a sailor, (and U.S. Navy engineer). I sailed with my Father for several years on a boat he had in retirement.  I've lived on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and in some great sailing areas, Newport, Chesapeake Bay, & Naples & now permanently in Charleston.. I look forward to seeing much of the world again in retirement.                   Tom
under8ed
under8ed

Back to top Go down